150g Unsalted butter, room temperature
220g Plain flour
80g Caster sugar
2g Sea salt, crushed
Regular white sugar for decorating
1. Preheat oven to 150c/320f. Cream butter, salt and caster sugar until light and fluffy, add flour and mix until clear.
2. Tip out onto bench, knead until the dough comes together and transfer to baking tray lined with silicon paper.
3. Shape dough with wet hands if it is sticky and shape into a flat round approximately 1.25cm (half inch) thick with the assistants of a rolling pin. Crimp the edges with fingers to make a nice decorative finish. Chill in the fridge 15 minutes.
4. Make cut marks with a large chef knife into wedges and use a fork to mark some pricks into the slices, as per picture. Sprinkle with standard white sugar for texture and interest, bake for approximately 45-60 minutes or until light golden brown on the bottom and the lightest of colour on top.
5. Allow to cool and store in a air tight container.